Chuck:

I've used both over the years (settled on BBEdit in the aughts) but they're
Mac only and text only.

What I am digging into is that both DeltaWalker and Beyond Compare are
multi-platform and scriptable. My other option, and a personal preference,
is to get MS Word involved. Word has a nice interface for this task but
I've never used Word via LEP or VB/VB Script.

BTW, I've had to resorted to UltraEdit on Windows since BBEdit is Mac only.
When I'm not feeling so studly, I fired up Programmer's Notepad, instead.
Far fewer features but much easier on the brain.

--
Douglas von Roeder
949-336-2902