Hi Pat,

Programmatically, my workaround for style sheets is to use the new capabilities
to:

• define bookmarks.
• define templates.
• build ranges.
• create temporary WritePro areas from a single bookmark.
• insert temporary WritePro areas into the final WritePro document.

In this scheme, the bookmarks become sophisticated style sheets that can do a
lot more than a “real” style sheet.

There is a HDI (“How do I”) demo at blogs.4d.com <http://blogs.4d.com/> that
includes a video and 2-sample databases:

4D Write Pro: Document Creation by Programming
http://blog.4d.com/4d-write-pro-document-creation-by-programming/
<http://blog.4d.com/4d-write-pro-document-creation-by-programming/>

Especially important are these WritePro commands:

WP Get bookmark range
WP GET BOOKMARKS
WP INSERT DOCUMENT
WP New
WP SELECT

When you look at the documentation, be sure you are looking pages in the
supplemental "4D Write Pro Reference”. (The “Language Reference” has a “4D
Write Pro" theme, which seems incomplete and sparse. The supplemental "4D Write
Pro Reference” has more complete documentation.)

http://livedoc.4d.com/4D-Write-Pro-Reference-16-R2.1620/4D-Write-Pro-Reference.100-3124227.en.html

<http://livedoc.4d.com/4D-Write-Pro-Reference-16-R2.1620/4D-Write-Pro-Reference.100-3124227.en.html>

Best regards,
Jeremy French