On Apr 28, 2017, at 2:00 PM,Chip Scheide wrote:

> do I need to initialize the component's IP, or process variables in
> every process or just once at startup of the host database?

IP variables once at at startup in a component method. One way to do this is to
have an “Component_Init” method that you must call just once at Startup from
the host. That method initializes the component’s IP variables.

Component process variables work the same way. For each process you start on
the host have a component method you call to set the component’s process
variables. Same goes if you start a new process from inside the component, it
needs to have it’s its variables set.

Tim

Tim Nevels
Innovative Solutions