> On Apr 28, 2017, at 7:37 AM, Jeffrey Kain via 4D_Tech <4d_tech@lists.4d.com>
> wrote:
>
> Thanks for the confirmations -- I've been bitten in compiled mode several
> times where the type seemed obvious, everything was fine in interpreted mode,
> but 4D generated a runtime error when deployed. I will always use that
> "optional" parameter from now on...

Just be aware the semantics are different if you do it that way. If you specify
the type and the property does not exist, you get an empty value. That may or
may not be what you want. In some cases I leave out the type if the property is
required - in that case it should generate an error.

That said, I don't recall seeing the problem you are having compiled except
where the property is a pointer type.

John DeSoi, Ph.D.