Just downloaded v16 R2, trying to upgrade a structure currently in v.15.5 (Mac,
Sierra 10.12.4)

From the v16 R2 app, I select the older structure, get the message ‘Are you
sure you want to open the structure file in read only mode?’ - I don’t of
course so I can’t continue. Error is then -10509.

In the Info pane for this file the icon shows as locked. I am the only user of
this machine, logged in with the only account that has ever been on it which is
an administrator account.

The info panel shows the selected app to open the file is v.15.5. If I try to
change that to the 16 R2 (from the info panel ‘Open with’) drop-down where 16
R2 is at the top and labelled as the default) I get a message to the effect
that I do not have permissions to change the application for this document
only; do I want to change all similar documents with extension .4DB?

Not likely.

I don’t know if this is 4D, MacOS or both giving me all this pain. How has it
all got so difficult to do the simple things?

Any suggestions to solve this please?

Regards

David Hudson

East Yorkshire