Hi All,

I just returned form the 4D World Tour in Denver. I am very happy I went.

I learned quite a bit about where 4D is “theoretically” going and where 4D is
“currently" at.

All the 4D presenters were excellent - even the new guy! And you know who you
are.

Add did a great job of taking sophisticated concepts like “messaging”, list
boxes, audio, video, etc., and making it even comprehensible to me.

JPR was well “JPR”. It’s like having access to a perspective into the minds of
the inner 4D coding circle PLUS JPR’s quick witted budgets of wisdom.

Colorful and funny as always and chock full of wisdom about “workers” and and
when to use “preemptive”. I won;t say I completely understand all of this just
yet but the example should help me to get my mind around them.

If you go for no other reason then understanding workers and preemptive - then
go!

You will see why “workers” are the way forward and why “pre-emptive” might not
be important is very specific cases. Same thing goes for managing the “cache”
versus allowing 4D to handle it.

I’m teasing because if you’ve thought about going then I’d highly recommend it.
You get a bunch of really comprehensive examples, great lunches, great company
(4D tech guys included <smile>), chat with “old” 4D friends, some new blood,
get to hobnob with Jim Sobczak (well worth the price of admission), a group
picture and you’ll come away completely information “drunk”. You’ll need a day
or so to decompress.

And of course they’ll tell you about when the next 4D Summit will be.

It was a great value for the money! And I would do it all over again.

John...