> Le 6 mai 2017 à 12:07, Alan Chan via 4D_Tech <4d_tech@lists.4d.com> a écrit :
>
> I believe it's true only for non-diacritical operation. However, for
> diacritical operation - replace string(*) and position(*), Position(*) is
> still faster than replace string.

Hi Alan,
since v15R3, using 'Replace string' for count seems always faster to me than
'Position' - even if [compiled+strict comparison] it's quite the same. Could be
a detail, but instead of measuring time to loop $i times, I often prefer to
count how much iterations are executed during a given time, it makes
interpreted/compiled switch easier. All results under are from compiled, all
32b versions except v16 in 64b.
<https://screencast.com/t/9TXxsJUH8ooj>
The little v12 test base I've used is here:
<http://forums.4d.fr/Post//15925184/1/#15925185>

--
Arnaud de Montard