Thanks to both of you... I should have known...

On Sun, May 21, 2017 at 8:22 PM, Arnaud de Montard via 4D_Tech <
4d_tech@lists.4d.com> wrote:

> > Le 21 mai 2017 à 19:51, Jim Dorrance via 4D_Tech <4d_tech@lists.4d.com>
> a écrit :
> >
> > Merci.... As a longint?
>
> No, I've just drawn a variable rect, and in properties named="object",
> type=none.
> Then I use it like this:
>   (object get pointer (named object;"object"))->:=$someObject_o  //write
>   $someObject_o:=object get pointer (named object;"object")->  //read
> In the display, I don't see nothing but it works.
>
> I must mention this app is not compiled, so in this context I'd add this
> on load:
>   $obj_p:=object get pointer (named object;"object")->
>   c_pointer($obj_p->)
>
> If all above fails, stringify into a text variable instead.
>
> --
> Arnaud de Montard

Jim Dorrance
jim.dorra...@gmail.com
4...@dorrance.eu
www.4d.dorrance.eu

PS: If you know of anyone that needs an experienced 4D programmer to add
energy and experience to their team, please let me know. I have
experience in many areas. Reasonable rates. Remote or Paris only.