I did run into this issue, too. At the end of the "On load" form event i set a
flag and run Set timer. In the "on timer" event i check if the flag is still
set and if i'm on the page with the web area. If yes, i do WA OPEN URL and
clear the flag.
My understanding of this is that the web area isn't 'instantiated' until the
form page containing it is shown for the first time.

HTH
Ingo Wolf

__
ViELMAC Ingo Wolf