Thanks for the Tip.

I haven't tried using Jason formatting but I've recently been introduced to
Bootstrap and Datatable  and am pretty much thrilled.

I've struggled with ways to get my 4D data on the web and these tools have
turned out to be the answer I was looking for.  I was introduced to
Bootstrap by a comment on this mailing list about a month ago.  Probably
unlike most on this list, in my case I don't need a live link between my
data and the web.   I just need to provide it in a kiosk type format and
update it around monthly (project status reporting).

I'm not a web programmer and I was struggling with using web creation
software or trying to hand code which I'm not trained to do.  I looked at
several apps including, Blocs, Espresso, EverWeb, RapidWeaver, Sparkle and
Dreamweaver but in all cases making a simple table turned out to be a
struggle and the code generated was pretty convoluted.  I was able to make
much better formatted and cleaner coded tables by hardcoding but it became
time consuming.

Bootstrap provides kind-of an in-between option that let's you hardcode but
simplifies (handles) most of  the formatting including resizing between
desktop and mobile sized screens.  Datatable provides the database features
such as searching, sorting, pagination, etc... so I don't need to link 4D to
the web.   Automated page creation is accomplished with 4D tags.

I noticed in the examples on the dataTable web site that you can format the
page and data separately using Ajax format and wanted to give that a try but
haven't had a chance.  This may be more like the tip you provided.  As with
web development I don't have much experience with Jason formatting but I'll
try out your tip and see if it can help simplify my web development.

Others on this list are probably already aware of datatable and bootstrap
but for anyone who isn't I wanted to pass on my appreciation as well for
these resources.

Thanks again for the tip...