My biggest table tends to only have around 40K records. This is the main table
that most supporting tables revolve around. I did a compact on the database
earlier in the day (This is my dev database) so there should be almost on
fragmentation.  The relate many is run on the table primary key which is a
UUID. It used to be an INT back in the day but things got really ugly after
about 32K records. All the related tables are indexed with a btree index on the
relationship field. I don’t store any pictures in the database instead I just
hold a reference to the photos (File pathname).

I have briefly seen it flashing sequential searching dialog box which made me
think I had the indexes wrong. I was hoping there way a way like in mysql to
explain slow queries to tell my how or what why the query was being slow.

The annoying part is takes up to 10 seconds to load a case and its supporting
data for display in a field. In a remote connection you can make coffee from
raw beans before it loads the record completely.

MacCafe
4405 Talmadge  St.
Toledo, OH 43623
Eric Naujock  -  ACSA 10.2, 10.3, 10.4 Apple - ACTC 10.5, 10.6, 10.7, 10.8,
10.9, 10.10
http://www.mac-cafe.com
email: e <mailto:e...@mac-cafe.com>r...@mac-cafe.com <mailto:e...@mac-cafe.com>
AOL IM: erlic