> Le 7 juil. 2017 à 23:59, Kirk Brooks via 4D_Tech <4d_tech@lists.4d.com> a
> écrit :
>
> Right, but what I'm seeing is a client side process which has an error
> handler installed. Running a method with EOS an error is blocking the
> server with the 4D native error handler. Even though the server has an
> error handler installed.

Hi Kirk,
from doc
• about EoS:
"When this attribute is checked, the execution context of the project method is
comparable to that of triggers [...] 4D Server uses the "twin" process of the
client process that requested the execution."
• about On err call:
"The scope of this command is the current process"
If you need On err call in the server side twin process, you must install it in
that process - same as read/write, messages, variables, and so on.

> This is following the what's in the docs:
> "ON ERR CALL is usually placed in the startup database method of an
> application, in order to handle errors for this application."

Incomplete if not wrong. It should say something like:
"in order to handle errors for an application, ON ERR CALL is usually placed in
the startup database method * AND IN ALL NEWLY CREATED PROCESS *"

--
Arnaud