> I think it was unfortunate that  "some thing like a hash table" was
mentioned,
> in passing, when the object feature was explained in detail.

Thanks *very* much for the clarification.

Of course now, we don't even know that about object field indexes ;-)

> it was simply a demo to show how using an object property name, which is
case sensitive,
> is much faster than "Find in array". that was all.

Presumably, the comparison was with an unsorted array. A binary search is
competitive with a hash table, depending a lot on the hash. And binary
searches are great for range searches whereas hash tables are *not*
optimized for ranges. So even here "faster" depends on what you're
searching for and why.