On Jul 14, 2017, at 4:21 AM, David Adams via 4D_Tech <4d_tech@lists.4d.com>
wrote:

> Does that all sound about right? Am I missing reasons why I would want to
> use object fields. vs. text fields? Any other technical details that people
> have learned or figured out?

I’d add that using an object field is only meaningful if your objects have a
variable structure, that is, objects differ among records not just by contents
but have a variable internal structure.
If all objects in all records share a common structure, that is, they all have
the same attributes (even if some are optional and may be empty/null), then go
with standard 4D fields. As you pointed out, they take a lot less space, can be
individually indexed/keyworded, are easier to deal with, their usage is syntax
checked by compiler, etc..

Just my $.02
--
Julio Carneiro