Yea!

Does SDI provide the same flexibility we have on Macs when working with
multiple monitors? It's a real pain getting multiple monitors configured to
"see" the MDI on more than one at a time.

On Wed, Jul 19, 2017 at 2:03 AM, Keisuke Miyako via 4D_Tech <
4d_tech@lists.4d.com> wrote:

> you can open multiple windows using SDI, each with its own menu bar.
> but many developers who requested SDI support seem to have a single window
> app in mind.
>
> SDI is only available for engined applications.
> since SDI is not (yet) available in the design environment.
> for now, you can't quickly "switch to application mode" to actually see
> the difference.
>
> there is not doubt SDI is going to offer many new possibilities.
> but of course if you like, you can leave the new checkbox deactivated.
>
> it is possible to launch multiple instances of 4D (except built
> applications, there is a blocking mechanism to prevent the same
> structure/data being opened multiple times) by just double-clicking the
> icon over and over again.
>
> where SDI or not, all instances of 4D will be grouped and minimised just
> like any Windows application.
>
> 2017/07/19 16:37、Paul Dennis via 4D_Tech <4d_tech@lists.4d.com<mailto:4
> d_t...@lists.4d.com>> のメール:
> I may sound like a Luddite but I like MDI much neater to be able to
> minimise
> a whole app in one click or is that possible with SDI ?

Kirk Brooks
San Francisco, CA

*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do
nothing.*

*- Edmund Burke*