Without knowing the details of what you are doing I can only say that the
button will just act like any URL to a server. What you do with the URL and
respond to it is entirely up to how the server responds.

I regularly send out emails with buttons linked to a URL. I use 4D Webserver
and trap the URL and depending on the encoding parts I run whatever code
required.

I need not respond with a Web page at all. In that case however the user may
get confused if you have not alerted them previously (in the email) of what
to expect when clicking on the button.

If for instance the button text reads: "Click here to receive an email from
us" with added instructions below or above the button stating that the email
may take up to 24 hours to come (or whatever time interval you deem fit).

Of course all this is dependent on  you having control of what the Web
server does.

Cheers

Jim Labos - infobase

-----