Kirk, something seems odd about this code.  Toward the end you have:

If ($key#"")

QUERY([KVP];[KVP]key=$key;*)

QUERY([KVP]; & ;[KVP]dir=$dir;*)

QUERY([KVP])

End if

That last Query([Table]) would bring up the query editor.  I’ve never tried
doing that at the end of a string of Query parameters.  Either I have specified
query parameters (the last one NOT ending in ;*) or I bring up the query table
by referencing just the table and no parameters.

Perhaps this is what you need?

If ($key#"")

QUERY([KVP];[KVP]key=$key;*)

QUERY([KVP]; & ;[KVP]dir=$dir)