Ken:

1. Get a copy of PDFCreator 1.7.3 for Windows. if you can’t find one, let me
know and I’ll send you a copy. I could also dig out code for assigning the
printer to PDF Creator with file naming, etc.

2. You will probably have to run 2 ‘print’ passes, one for the batch PDF, the
other for individual PDF’s or hard copy.

3. Have 4D email the individual PDF’s.

> On Jul 30, 2017, at 1:07 PM, Kenneth Geiger via 4D_Tech
> <4d_tech@lists.4d.com> wrote:
>
> Hi All,
>
> I have a very mature application for a high-precision welding operation. I
> had written the original app back in 1984 using SMART (a DOS Database App).
> I re-wrote this app in 4D at the beginning of 2015. The "conversion" went
> smoothly and there are no known issues. It is presently on 4D v15 and I'm
> presently migrating it to v16 R3. It is a small system (Windows Server 2012
> R2, Windows 10 Pro workstations, 4-users).
>
> My customer has asked me to add some functionality. Presently, one of the
> functions creates and prints a batch of Invoices. This function just prints
> two-sets of Invoices - one-set is filed and one-set is snail-mailed. Many
> of their customers want to receive the Invoices via email. In anticipation
> of this, when I did the re-write I added two fields to the "customer" table
> "email address" (text) and "email invoice" (boolean). While there are
> trivial and highly manual ways to do this, they would like to automate
> (completely, if possible) the process. In an ideal world, the function
> would:
>
>   - Create a complete set of an Invoice Batch as PDF. This could be
>   individual PDF documents for each invoice or one large PDF document
>   containing all the invoices in the batch. This would be saved to the server
>   and would be my customer's file-copy.
>   - For each Invoice where the bool field in the related customer is true,
>   create a PDF document of the Invoice and email it to the address in
>   the "email address" field.
>   - For each Invoice where the bool field in the related customer is
>   false, create a physical printout to be snail-mailed.
>

> A typical batch of invoices (run monthly) is between 100 and 200 individual
> invoices. Any recommended plugins and/or suggestions, recommendations, or a
> direction in which to head would be most appreciated!
>
> Ken Geiger
> Dolores, CO
> 4D Developer since 1991

Bob McKeever                      http://www.mswl.com <http://www.mswl.com/>