RE> I have a table which contains records for 10 different clients.
I'd like to give a client the ability to search the table for only his
records and not be able to see any of the other clients' records.

Is it possible to do this using the standard 4D Query editor by always
applying an additional search criteria eg clientID=xxx?

Or do I need to build my own custom query editor?
I'm using 4D 15.4.

Michael,

I *wish* you could use this with Views, but today Views only support SQL.
Please vote for my feature request (when you open the request, you'll see
a row of stars - click on the starts to give the request a 1-star, 2-star,
or preferably 4-star rating).  This feature requests asks that since views
are virtual tables, to allow all 4D query commands to point to the view as
if it were a table:

http://forums.4d.com/Post/EN/13716634/1/13716635#13716635

In the meantime, you can certainly add a QUERY SELECTION line after
calling the 4D query editor.

Best regards,

Bob Miller
Chomerics, a division of Parker Hannifin Corporation