Hi all,

Just a quick tip.

If you get tons of errors on local variables when ‘All variables are typed’ is
turned on (like me, when I checked this in a 20 year old project), it might be
impossible to continue normal development for a while. 4DPop might be the right
tool to make the transition without sleepless nights.

There is a macro in the 4DPop Macros which uses cmd-$ and checks if all local
variables are typed for the current method window (and also creates the
compiler directives for you if you want). This way you can do the task of
defining your local vars in your spare time while continuing further
development and building your app with ‘All variables are typed’ off. And helps
you to prevent creating new errors.

When nearly all methods are treated, you can turn the checkbox on, handle the
remaining errors and live happily ever after…

Kind regards,
Koen

> Op 22 aug. 2017, om 03:50 heeft Alan Chan via 4D_Tech <4d_tech@lists.4d.com>
> het volgende geschreven:
>
> Yes, this is highly recommended. "All Variables are typed" is one of greatest
> debug tool in 4D.
>
> Alan Chan

Compass bvba
Koen Van Hooreweghe