Compliance consisted of answering an online questionnaire and passing the scan.
 Not storing customer credit card information made a big difference in lowering
the "level" of security that we had to meet (Equifax level).  It made the
questionnaire part much easier to pass.

Our cable modem sends all traffic to the AirPort, which has the outside IP
address on the WAN port.  It forwards the VPN packets to the macOS Server which
has the VPN service turned on.    I rechecked and there is no forwarding of the
credit card machine ports.  It seems the presence of the VPN was the trick.

Keith - CDI