Absolutely.
I exclusively use object fields for additional data and storage of connected
information to a specific data row, such as record and field history, specific
item settings etc.
All of these will NOT be queried on.
There are cases where I use object fields for variable data structures, but
limit this to basic 1-level objects that can be queried rapidly.
Also bear in mind, that accessing data embedded in objects is far more
complicated (for example for mass editing) than using a related table. It might
sound like an intriguing concept to store, say keywords, in an object array,
but even if these were quick to query, modifying a bunch a of keywords is far
more complicated when they are stored in objects than just using an APPLY TO
SELECTION for a „normal“ related table.
Just my 2 ct, your mileage may vary