I have not done anything in 4D with MS SQL Server, but have done quite a bit of
scripting using SQL Server Management Studio (SQLSMS).

It is very easy to work with SQLSMS and I taught myself how to write the
scripts by copying example scripts from the internet and running them in
SQLSMS, modifying the examples, then finally writing my own scripts. I found
this to be an excellent learning environment.

If I were to have to write any SQL code in 4D, I think I would write the code
in SQLSMS and test it there first. Then copy the code into 4D.

If you do not have access to the actual SQL Server you will be accessing, set
yourself up with a sql server in your development environment and install a
demo data base to work with…

http://www.faceofit.com/direct-links-to-download-sql-server-sample-databases/

When I first started, I used the Adventure Works demo database in a VM on my
Mac. After I felt comfortable with what I was doing I moved to the actual MS
SQL database and work on it directly now.

Hope that helps,

John

> On Sep 13, 2017, at 5:49 AM, Randy Engle via 4D_Tech <4d_tech@lists.4d.com>
> wrote:
>
> Ferdinando,
>
> W3 Schools is a good source of examples:
>
> https://www.w3schools.com/sql/
>

> Randy Engle, Director
> XC2 Software LLC – XC2LIVE!

John Baughman