Looking at phpdocx as they claim to be able to generate decent looking Word (
.docx ) from HTML.

I am getting good results on Word but my partner is not getting the same at
all. I am trying to avoid using XML to generate the Word file and so the
idea of using HTML (which I am doing already in any case) would be the
easiest (lazy bugger that I am).

I have not used or had need to use PHP as of yet. I believe that the
developers of phpdocx recommend using LibreOffice. My limited knowledge of
PHP with 4D points to needing a custom interpreter as the 4D one will only
run the 4D supplied PHP. Is that correct?

Any clues would be helpful. Thanks.

Cheers

Jim Labos - infobase

-----