I don’t recall seeing any such recommendation or discussion in the manuals.
I’ve been using the System Font in a couple of style sheets for years without
issues, for generic dialogs and buttons. It doesn’t make sense that one can
select it for a Style Sheet if 4D is recommending not to select it. I’m also
not sure what you’re trying to convey with the links. I took a look at the
Apple page on CTFont and don’t see any mention of a System font, just a list of
font functions.

Richard Wright
DataDomain
rwri...@datadomainsoftware.com