All, I finally solved my problem. All I had to do was check* Unicode Mode*
in Design > Database Settings > Compatibility. Thanks very much to everyone
for their suggestions and help. :-) Ken

*P.S. Ultimately it was Vance Villanueva from 4D Tech Support that helped
me solve the problem. He prepared a screencast showing me that post key
worked using my database and I noticed during the screencast a message
popped up warning that the database must be used in Unicode mode in order
to be opened and asking to temporarily switch to Unicode mode. I had never
seen that message before and that's what lead me to check the Unicode Mode
in my database.*