> Le 12 oct. 2017 à 22:00, David Adams via 4D_Tech <4d_tech@lists.4d.com> a
> écrit :
>
> you would want to balance the cost of pulling more data over the network in
> once call with pulling tiny bits of data over the network with multiple
> calls.

I'd say it doesn't matter in LAN. But in WAN, the main slowness factor is
latency, much more than the volume. In other words, better to send the truck
once instead of 100 times the moped.

> I suspect this is getting a bit silly, but another idea is to have an
> method set to "Execute on server" that does the work and packs the results
> in an object and returns it. Yeah, that might work.

Needs to pass the selection to the EoS method:
LONGINT ARRAY FROM SELECTION(..;record_al)
method_EoS(->record_al;..)
then create the selection on server, get bigger/smaller, etc.

--
Arnaud de Montard