> On Oct 17, 2017, at 2:25 PM, Tom DeMeo via 4D_Tech <4d_tech@lists.4d.com>
> wrote:
>
> If you want to build emails or edit different types of text files that are
> kept server side, the Ace editor embedded in a web area is a better library
> than Tiny MCE. They seem to be shooting for a web implementation of Sublime
> Text. There are a ton of customizable features, and it’s nicely designed.

+1 for Ace, it is amazing what can be done in a web browser. I wrote a Postgres
mode for it which makes it nice to work with Postgres from 4D.

I looked into TinyMCE to replace 4D Write. There were some bugs I could not
work around that made it rather ugly to do field references nicely. I ended up
using Markdown in 4D styled text fields instead. Not as user friendly, seems to
work well. It has other advantages in that a consistent style can be enforced
across documents.

I also came across this today: ProseMirror, A toolkit for building rich-text
editors on the web.

http://prosemirror.net

John DeSoi, Ph.D.