On Oct 20, 2017, at 5:40 PM, Tim Nevels via 4D_Tech <4d_tech@lists.4d.com>
wrote:

> On Oct 20, 2017, at 4:30 PM, Chip Scheide <4d_o...@pghrepository.org> wrote:
>
>>> $command_t:="mv "+GetPOSIXfilePath ($folderPath_t)+"
>> had trouble here -
>> apparently 4D's (v13) Convert path system to POSIX command - fails to
>> do what it is advertised to do.....
>> Fortunately I had a routine already written to do this.
>
> That’s exactly why I wrote my own. I use the 4D Convert path system to POSIX
> command but then Replace String for all spaces to “\ “. That seems to make it
> work.

Rather than escaping spaces (and all other characters that may cause problems
when used in a command), you could just escape double-quotes, and enclose the
path name in double-quotes when building the command for LEP.

I haven’t tested the 4D Convert path system to POSIX command to see if it
escapes double-quotes, I would just tell the users not to use quotes in their
file/folder names.

Jim Crate