I've been working with BUILD APPLICATION a lot lately, so a couple of notes:

* 4D _will_ record an error in the log if the path to the license files is
wrong or, for a built single-user app, the path to the engine is wrong.

* 4D will _not_ record an error if the path to your custom icons is wrong.

* It's not that hard to clear out extra resources after a build, like .xlf
files and so on.

* 4D has a tech tip about clearing out the SVG component help file which
has a helpful description of the file paths for compiled databases and
merged apps.

* Go ahead and clear out the /Cache folders from within Components,
Plugins, and Resources after the build. They can contain 100s of MB of
stuff and you don't need it.

Check the archives for some past tips and code from Tim Nevels on tweaking
the info/about details. There are several different build keys you can use:

Tip: I also like to onboard a small build_info.json file after the build.
It's got details that I might want to read out about the build itself for
error logs, about boxes, error reports, etc. This isn't part of the
standard build project file but it's easy to implement.

I'd be very interested to hear what other people clear out post-build.