Here is Steve’s code revised to work with v16 and greater. Beware if it changes
again…

John

$version:=Application version

Case of
        : ($version="13@")

                  //
                  //
                  //
                  //4D V13
                  //
                  //
                  //

                $path:=Get 4D folder+"4D Preferences v16.4DPreferences"

                If (Test path name($path)=Is a document)

                        $dom:=DOM Parse XML source($path)

                        ARRAY TEXT($windows;0)

                        $window:=DOM Find XML
element($dom;"preferences/internal_prefs_4d/windows/window";$windows)

                        For ($i;1;Size of array($windows))

                                $name:=""
                                $window:=$windows{$i}

                                DOM GET XML ATTRIBUTE BY
NAME($window;"name";$name)

                                If ($name="4ddebugger")
                                        DOM REMOVE XML ELEMENT($window)
                                        BEEP

                                End if

                        End for

                        XML SET OPTIONS($dom;XML indentation;XML no indentation)

                        DOM EXPORT TO FILE($dom;$path)

                        DOM CLOSE XML($dom)

                End if

        Else

                  //
                  //
                  //
                  //4D V14 & V15  & v16
                  //
                  //
                  //

                If (Num(Application version)>=16)
                        $path:=Get 4D folder(Active 4D Folder)+\
                        "4D Window Bounds v"+Substring(Application
version;1;2)+Folder separator+\
                        "runtime"+Folder separator+\
                        "[projectForm]"+Folder separator+\
                        "4ddebugger.json"

                else
                        $path:=Get 4D folder(Active 4D Folder)+\
                        "4D Window Bounds v"+Substring(Application
version;1;2)+Folder separator+\
                        "coreDialog"+Folder separator+\
                        "[projectForm]"+Folder separator+\
                        "4ddebugger.json"

                End if

                If (Test path name($path)=Is a document)
                        DELETE DOCUMENT($path)
                        BEEP

                End if

End case

> On Nov 12, 2017, at 5:07 PM, Stephen J. Orth <s.o...@the-aquila-group.com>
> wrote:
>
> John,
>
> Here is the code I run when the debugger window gets messed up:
>
> C_TEXT($version;$path;$name;$dom;$window)
> C_LONGINT($i;$indentOption)
>

>  //
>  // User name (OS): SteveO
>  // Date and time: 05/21/15, 07:05:39
>  //
>  //
>  //
>  //This method is used to reset the 4D debugger window when the
>  //preferences get screwed up and the window is not drawing correctly
>  //
>  //
>  //Parameters:
>  //
>  //Return Parameter:
>  //
>  //
>

> $version:=Application version
>

> Case of
>       : ($version="13@")
>
>                 //
>                 //
>                 //
>                 //4D V13
>                 //
>                 //
>                 //
>
>               $path:=Get 4D folder+"4D Preferences v13.4DPreferences"
>
>               If (Test path name($path)=Is a document)
>
>                       $dom:=DOM Parse XML source($path)
>
>                       ARRAY TEXT($windows;0)
>
>                       $window:=DOM Find XML
> element($dom;"preferences/internal_prefs_4d/windows/window";$windows)
>
>                       For ($i;1;Size of array($windows))
>
>                               $name:=""
>                               $window:=$windows{$i}
>
>                               DOM GET XML ATTRIBUTE BY
> NAME($window;"name";$name)
>
>                               If ($name="4ddebugger")
>                                       DOM REMOVE XML ELEMENT($window)
>                               End if
>
>                       End for
>
>                       XML SET OPTIONS($dom;XML indentation;XML no indentation)
>
>                       DOM EXPORT TO FILE($dom;$path)
>
>                       DOM CLOSE XML($dom)
>
>               End if
>
>       Else
>
>                 //
>                 //
>                 //
>                 //4D V14 & V15
>                 //
>                 //
>                 //
>
>               $path:=Get 4D folder(Active 4D Folder)+\
>               "4D Window Bounds v"+Substring(Application version;1;2)+Folder
> separator+\
>               "coreDialog"+Folder separator+\
>               "[projectForm]"+Folder separator+\
>               "4ddebugger.json"
>
>               If (Test path name($path)=Is a document)
>
>                       DELETE DOCUMENT($path)
>
>               End if
>
> End case

>  Stephen J. Orth
>  The Aquila Group, Inc.         Office:  (608) 834-9213
>  P.O. Box 690                           Mobile:  (608) 347-6447
> [...]

John Baughman
Kailua, Hawaii
(808) 262-0328
john...@hawaii.rr.com