Kirk,

As an example I have the following scenario:
An employee form with a lot of fields and a checkbox “manager” on page 1
Other fields on page 2
The items of some “dropdown lists” (custom widget) on page 2 depend on the
manager status (checkbox) on page 1

So when going through the records with next/previous buttons and being on page
2 I have to re-populate the dropdown widgets when the manager status changes
But now, when being on page 1 and going to page 2 for the first time I also
have to populate the dropdown widget.
So now I have 2 places where I have to populate (by method or not) the dropdown
widget

I hope you understand what I am saying
Needing 2 calls instead of 1 is what I  don’t like

Gr,

Piotr

Piotr,

On Thu, Nov 23, 2017 at 11:01 AM, Piotr Chabot Stadhouders via 4D_Tech <
4d_t...@xxx.xxx> wrote:

> I have to do this “On Page Change”

​Yep, this is exactly the sort of situation that makes having the subform
config code in a process method useful - the subform doesn't need to even
know what page it's on because the parent form is controlling when it
configures itself. ​

​Is it the case your subform on page 2 changes configuration while the
parent form is displayed?​

--
Kirk Brooks
San Francisco, CA

*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do
nothing.*

*- Edmund Burke*
FAQ: http://lists.4d.com/faqnug.html
Archive: http://lists.4d.com/archives.html