Ok. Using a button seems like the way to go. In my particular case I have a
real variable followed by a combo box which I want the tab to go from the
variable to the combo box and back to the real variable. These are the only 2
objects on the subform that have their tabable check box checked. As it is now,
tabbing out of the combo box, focus goes into a list box.

OK. I put 2 very small buttons on the form (Invisible Buttons will not work).
Button1 before the real variable and Button2 after the combo box.

The Button1 has a SHIFT TAB shortcut and the on clicked event: GOTO
OBJECT(combobox)
The Button2 has a TAB shortcut and the on clicked event: GOTO OBJECT(real
variable)
So I have the Form’s Entry Order set to Button1 -> realvariable -> combobox ->
Button2

I think with this setup I basically have a circular tab order in either
direction between the 2 objects…

         Tab from realvariable -> combobox
         Tab from combobox -> realvariable  (goes to Button2 which sends the
focus to realvariable)
         Shift Tab from realvariable -> combobox  (goes to Button1 which sends
the focus to combobox)

Unfortunately, for some reason tabbing from the realvariable skips the combo
box and goes to Button2, which puts you right back in the real variable. Shift
Tab from realvariable works as expected, focus goes to the combo box.

The entry order displayed in the form with the entry order icon selected shows
the proper tab order from Button1 -> realvariaable -> combobox -> Button2, but
with button2 on the form tabbing from realvariable goes to button2 and not the
combobox

I am curious what FORM GET ENTRY ORDER will show me and see if FORM SET ENTRY
ORDER might allow me to set the entry order properly. I can’t figure out where
or how to call these commands so that I get the entry order of the subform. No
matter where I put the FORM GET ENTRY ORDER, I get an empty names array.

Maybe it’s time to call tech support.

John

> On Dec 2, 2017, at 10:23 PM, Arnaud de Montard via 4D_Tech
> <4d_tech@lists.4d.com> wrote:
>

>> Le 3 déc. 2017 à 08:25, John Baughman via 4D_Tech <4d_tech@lists.4d.com> a
>> écrit :
>>
>> [...]
>> So bottom line, how can one take a list box out of the tab order and still
>> have the cells respect the enterable check box.
>
> See the doc:
> <http://doc.4d.com/4Dv16R4/4D/16-R4/Data-entry-controls-and-assistance.300-3330361.en.html>
> It says each active object of the form can be focussed but excluded from the
> tab path.
>
> A sophist will point out that tabable property is described in the "active
> objects" chapter, while "listbox" is the next chapter, so listbox is not an
> active object. 😁
>
> As a non sophist, I think it's a bug, otherwise I don't understand the
> tabable checkbox in the property list of a listbox.
>
> Maybe some turnaround could be found (using on focus, on after edit, object
> set enterable, object goto, and so on), but I did not find in a decent time.
>
> --
> Arnaud de Montard

John Baughman
Kailua, Hawaii