Hi all,

We have a component which uses Launch External Process to call an accountancy package (Moneyworks) via the command line (Windows and Mac), and have just recompiled it for v16 (that's another story...). Now, when any component methods which use LEP (i.e. most of them) are called from another method in my test database, they always return ok, and the output and error variables are always empty. There's no noticeable delay in the debugger so it looks like the LEP call simply isn't happening?

Now for the really weird part, I have a form with some common test methods linked to some of the buttons - if I call the exact same code with the same parameters from a button on the form, it works!

If I open the source code for the component, the methods all work fine. I've tried setting the _4D_OPTION_BLOCKING_EXTERNAL_PROCESS environment variable to both "true" (which is what I want) and "false" immediately before the LEP call in the component, but it makes no difference.

This is happening on Windows 10, with v16.0 64-bit, v16.2 32 bit, and with the component compiled for just 32-bit, just 64-bit, or both.

Any bright ideas out there?

Thanks,
    Adrian