I am trying to make a simple example 16 R5 database for tech support and need
to import data from the problem database.

I moved the table from the problem db to the example DB then exported the data
from the problem DB in 4D format.

I created a detail form with the form wizard that includes all the fields to
use for the import. When I try to import the data I get the error…

        Error Cannot save new record in table Projects of database Example

        Cannot save new record in table Projects of database Example
        Cannot update new record in table Projects of database Example
        Impossible to check non-indexed field _UUID in table Projects for
uniqueness

I tried to import using Fields instead of the form. I basically get the same
error with a lot more lines.

I suspect this has something to do with the _UUID field given that the import
already has this field populated. So I tried importing using a tab delimited
export and leaving the _UUID field out of the mapping. Could not get that to
work.

Lastly I tried importing with Create Table checked. It tells me that the table
name is invalid. I do not see anywhere that I can tell it what name to give the
table. How is the table name determined. Perhaps from the file name? In the
case the file name is Projects.4ie

What am I doing wrong.

John

John Baughman