I think I’ve uncovered a bug in Internet Commands. When setting up the code to
send a new email, I use this command:

        $lError:=IT_SetPort (12;465)

which should enable SSL and have the SMTP_Send command use port 465. When I see
what is actually going on using Wireshark, I see that 4D is ignoring my request
to use port 465 and tries to connect on port 25 instead. I haven’t noticed this
bug for years because my previous email host allowed port 25 as a fallback. My
new one (I think correctly) does not, so the SMTP server rejects my attempt to
connect to it.

I’ve created a tech support case, but am wondering if anyone else has noticed
this or figured out any workarounds.

Thanks.

--
Cannon.Smith