> On Jan 10, 2018, at 5:18 AM, John DeSoi via 4D_Tech <4d_tech@lists.4d.com>
> wrote:
>
> All of this makes it a lot more complicated to use CALL FORM when all you
> have is a process number and need to determine the window reference.

I posted earlier about using a worker process to spawn processes. When the
worker creates a new process the new process window becomes the front most
window long enough to allow the worker to get the window ref...

------------
//myWorkerProcess

$frontmostWindow:=Frontmost window
vXYZProcessNumber:=New process(“XYZProcessMethod”;0;”XYZProcessName")

While ($frontmostWindow=Frontmost window)
    IDLE

End while

vXYZProcessWindowRef:= Frontmost window

Now anytime you need the window ref to bring the window forward, or for a CALL
FORM, you can ask the worker for it. Or, as I am doing, have the worker execute
the desired action.

John

John Baughman
Kailua, Hawaii