> *3. The .4DA file*
> This file containing the custom forms is saved into the .4DA file next to
> the structure. Is there any way to store it in a different location? Say,
> next to the .4dd? Staring it next to the .4dc file makes updating a bit of
> an issue.
- On start of the edit session, copy to the correct location the .4DA
file from a (predefined) location.
- edit/create form(s)
- On end of edit session, copy to the .4DA file back to the
(predefined) location.

you could even keep old versions of the .4DA file(s) to allow backing
out one or more changes.

P.S. -
(hopefully) within the next 2 weeks I'll be releasing a file
manipulation component which includes auto numbering of files during
copy/move.

Chip
Gas is for washing parts
Alcohol is for drinkin'