The title of the post is correct.  Here is my view…

Since the new network layer was introduced I have tried firing up various
databases with this setting on.  In every case I have changed it back after a
day or two as it was so unstable and was causing me so many issues.  These were
existing systems under test, new projects under development and even a
production system that had been upgrade and the setting was missed.

All servers run 64bit but we currently have no plans for 64bit clients so this
is not immediate issue but as you say the “Writing is on the wall” and the
clock is ticking as it has been for the past few years.

90% of all our deployments and development are running on hosted servers in the
cloud and rely on any number of broadband providers and cabling solutions.  All
of which works well enough via the legacy network layer but is unstable via the
new networking layer.

I do not have resources to carry out in depth analysis and reporting on stuff
like this.  We pay good money for a good product and I can only hope that 4D
will continue to work on the network layer and make it stable and usable for
all parties.

I have read the long descriptions of the history of the legacy network layer
and all the work arounds.  I fully understand the pain of trying to implement
something new but I cannot afford to take that pain on.  I will keep trying it
with every release and when it appears stable I will deploy it.

Regards,  Dougie

telekinetix Limited- J. Douglas Cryer
Phone : 01234 761759  Mobile : 07973 675 218
2nd Floor Broadway House, 4-6 The Broadway, Bedford MK40 2TE
Email : jdcr...@telekinetix.com <mailto:jdcr...@telekinetix.com>  Web :
http://www.telekinetix.com <http://www.telekinetix.com/>