Hello,

I'm working on implementing SSO using 4D Server's new feature for that in
our Windows environment.  I'm working with our corp AD security folks and
haven't got it to work yet (lots of hoops to jump through), but am trying
to figure out how it works in the absence of being able to try and test
it.  Has anyone used it?

I'm not clear on when the SSO option is turned on, whether the user is
presented with a login window of some sort.  I'm also not clear on what
'Current client authentication' does other than get the name of the
current Windows user, which is something I'm using Win32API for right now.
 Comments, anyone?

A big mystery is how to handle the following scenario:

> User A is logged onto a PC and is authenticated to the domain

> User B wants to log into the 4D application.  I'm not clear whether 4D
Server will present User B with a login screen where he will have to
present his AD credentials, or whether it takes User A's credentials from
the current session?

> If Server uses User A's credentials, how can User B indicate he doesn't
want to use those and log on to the 4D app with his credentials, without
changing the login to the machine?

> If server uses User B's credentials to log in, does Current client
authentication return User A's session information or User B's session
information?

Thank you,

Bob Miller
Chomerics, a division of Parker Hannifin Corporation

llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
"PLEASE NOTE: The preceding information may be confidential or privileged. It
only should be used or disseminated for the purpose of conducting business with
Parker. If you are not an intended recipient, please notify the sender by
replying to this message and then delete the information from your system.
Thank you for your cooperation."