my understanding is that it is "standard behaviour",
in that the behaviour is expected according to how 4D Internet Commands was
designed.

evidently, without the optional output parameter,
FTP_GetDirList sends the FTP command "LIST" to the server.

with the optional output parameter to get timestamps,
it instead sends the FTP command "MTDM" for each file of the directory.
(and not the one-shot "MLSD" command)

if the FTP server responds with an error to the call with the optional output
parameter,
you might want to avoid passing the optional output parameter,
or else, re-login after the commands fails with an error.

(given that it is standard behaviour, one should not expect a fix in this
domain)

2018/04/20 21:48、Koen Van Hooreweghe via 4D_Tech
<4d_tech@lists.4d.com<mailto:4d_tech@lists.4d.com>> のメール:
This might be related to a bug I discovered about a year ago. Started from
v15.4 and also happens in v16.
No fix yet, but the culprit is according to 4D engineering the 7th (times)
parameter in thE FTP_GetDirList command. If you don’t need the modification
times, leave out this parameter and try again.
This seems to be an issue with certain ftp servers. 4D sent me some details I’m
willing to share, but let’s see first if it is the same issue.