Here is an example I’m using:

       C_COLLECTION($aOrderByCols)
        $aOrderByCols:=Split string($orderBy;"%";sk ignore empty strings+sk
trim spaces)

$orderBy is a text string with “%” separated terms, like “foo %bar%more %%data”.

As a result of the statement above, $aOrderByCols will become:
[“foo”,”bar”,”more”,”data”], as spaces and empty items are trimmed.

That replaces a utility method í’ve had for decades.

julio

> On May 1, 2018, at 1:14 AM, Kirk Brooks via 4D_Tech <4d_tech@lists.4d.com>
> wrote:
>
> Miyako,
> This occurred to me too. Sadly there's no example for that in the docs.
> Would you happen to have a bit of code showing how it's intended to be used?
>
> On Mon, Apr 30, 2018 at 2:22 PM Keisuke Miyako via 4D_Tech <
> 4d_tech@lists.4d.com> wrote:
>
>> the command "Split string", although generic,
>> was specifically created to help parse dot notation.
>>
>> http://doc.4d.com/4Dv16R6/4D/16-R6/Split-string.301-3644822.en.html
>>

> --
> Kirk Brooks
> San Francisco, CA