Over the weekend, we ran our production 4D Server using the new network layer.
We ran from midnight Saturday until midnight Monday, and we peaked at about 145
users and 1200 processes.

I'm very happy to say we had no issues at all! There wasn't a single helpdesk
ticket filed against 4D for the entire weekend, and performance was excellent.
It was great to see that the CPU usage of the main core on the server was in
line with all the rest of the cores - it wasn't pegged constantly at 80% - 90%.
This should really improve the number of requests per second that the server
can process, and hopefully improve execution time of our triggers as well.

We are going to run a full test in production tomorrow (600+ users, 3500/4000+
processes) -- if it's successful we will switch all our remaining systems over
to the new network layer. I'll keep you posted!

Jeff

Details:

Server:
  4D Server 16.3 HF2 (build 221345) 64-bit
  Windows Server 2012 on a Dell PowerEdge Server, 3.4GHz Xeon 12-core, NVME
RAID 10 SSDs
  10Gb Ethernet

Clients:
  4D 16.3 build 219338 and 221345 32-bit
  macOS 10.12.6 and 10.13.4 (mostly Mac Minis and iMacs), Windows Server 2008R2
(about 8 VMs)
  Gigabit Ethernet

We restrict wifi access to 4D Server to a handful of special cases, and only
allow remote access to 4D Server via screen sharing (LogMeIn, RDP, etc.)