Hi All,

We have a Windows Server 2012 setup as a test machine. It was used for testing last weekend - Web Server started and behaved perfectly fine.

This afternoon I started the 4D server for more testing and got a Runtime error (it's a Compiled and Merged Server app):

 Failed to create a listening socket

and then the message that the database cannot be published.

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions why/how this happened?

Absolutely no changes made to the server, or the 4D database or datafile between testing sessions (we're testing a remote app's access into the system, not the 4D database itself). I've checked the firewall on the machine, have turned SSL on and off, tried different Ports for the web server, checked the machine has internet access and that it can be pinged across the network etc, with no luck...

Using v16R4.    About to move to R6 next week.

I don't understand what I'm missing.....  so any suggestions are welcome.

Cheers,
Allan Udy

Golden Micro Solutions Ltd, Blenheim, New Zealand
http://www.golden.co.nz<http://www.golden.co.nz>