Yes, I mean the loop doesn't take into account mixed content

I had the feeling that one of the goals of the tip
(http://kb.4d.com/assetid=77422) was to make an efficient loop, meaning that
homogenous parts of the content can be skipped
Why else use the variables $startBlock and $endBlock, but maybe I was wrong
, because then you also have to test on mixed type content
Starting with this :

$start:=ST Start text
$end:=$start+1

does the trick, but then again it means just testing every "character" in the
content for being an expression.
This doesn't feel efficient to me