Came across a weird behavior and want to know if anyone else has encountered
this and how to solve this (mac & V13.6 & v15)
I use a document (“StoreHere.txt") in the Resources folder to store some data
in it, to be used later.

After using the command Export Text, the document is ‘updated’ allright BUT
there is a .temp file with a long filename
(“07B29AA87F90481387491D4EEF206BB6.temp”) ALSO created in that Resource folder.

But this is not wanted because every time the export is performed a new file
with long name is created !!

It does this ONLY with High Sierra (10.13.4), none of the previous mac os X has
this (I tested this).
(fyi: 4D v15 & up do not exhibit this behavior with os 10.13.4 )

Have a test db V13.6 with 1 table and 1 or 2 fields (doesn’t matter how many)
and 2 or more records.
I use one LongInt and one Text field.

then make a method that I can call using a button on the layout.

this is the method:
C_TEXT($sDocName)

$sDocName:=Get 4D folder(Current Resources folder)+"StoreHere.txt”

ALL RECORDS([Table_1])
ORDER BY([Table_1];[Table_1]seqNo;>)

FORM SET OUTPUT([Table_1];"export")

EXPORT TEXT([Table_1];$sDocName)