4D V15.4, Mac OS 10.13.4

A site that uses 4D Server. Mostly mini’s as clients. Has been working fine for
years. Then growth, so someone brought in some PC’s. Then they scrounged around
and now all minis. But, since we are in Canada, sometimes when the OS is loaded
anew, this select Canadian English keyboard instead of US. So, date entry gets
set to YYYY-MM-DD instead of MM-DD-YYYY.

Dates display fine, regardless of format. But, on a couple of machines, you can
not enter dates. I take my record, place the cursor in the field, and type - it
moves the cursor along the character string, but nothing changes. So, they just
go to another machine that ‘works’ and does the entry there. Started a couple
of weeks ago.

So, why, and how to fix it?

Changing the date format in the system preferences changes the way it is
displayed, but still no entry.

Bob McKeever                      http://www.mswl.com <http://www.mswl.com/>
McKeever's Software Wizardry
Port Coquitlam, B.C.