> On Jun 10, 2018, at 8:37 PM, Keisuke Miyako via 4D_Tech
> <4d_tech@lists.4d.com> wrote:
>
> I must say it would be difficult to manipulate an existing anchored image
> without Get elements or Get element by id (v17).

You assumed correctly in that these are anchored pictures. I have discovered as
you have pointed out that the reference returned by Add picture is destroyed
when the record is unloaded. I think you have confirmed for me that there is no
way currently to use picture place holders in a 4D Write Pro template as I did
in 4D Write.

I will give this a bit more thought, but I am about to give up on this part of
my attempt to upgrade my client to v16. Since it is way to early to deploy v17,
I will have to tell them they will have to wait until we upgrade to v17 to move
any of their photo templates to Pro or create any new ones. Of course this
prevents me from moving them to 64 bit until then as well.

BTW, another thing I cannot find is any way to provide a means for end users to
insert 4D expressions as they can in 4D Write. I could write a dialog for this,
but it already exists in 4D so why not provide the same functionality out of
the box?

John

John Baughman
1331 Auwaiku Street