The neat thing about objects, in my opinion, is that they are reference based.
I would try to stay away from using OB Copy unless it is warranted. For
example, in your example you could just use the field directly or a reference
to the field. Unless you save the record, changes won’t be put back in the
database anyway.

However, be aware of a bug in 4D. If you modify a child object in an object
type field and then save the record, the object will not be saved. It is only
saved if you modify a top level key in the object. The workaround, until 4D
fixes this, is to assign the object field to itself before saving.

--
Cannon.Smith
Synergy Farm Solutions Inc.