I am researching ways to integrate 4D with Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012. I feel
pretty sure what I need to do can be (or should be) easily accomplished
using 4D ODBC and SQL. But I've not done an integration with AX before so
you never know, right?  Looking for a sanity check.

A key concept in this project will be exchanging data with something AX
people call "data cubes" or just "the cube" which is apparently an
intermediate summary MS Sql DB/or data warehouse feature of Dynamics AX. As
I understand, "the cube" is a periodically synchronized copy of certain
kinds of AX data configured in a way that is simpler and more accessible
than how it is stored in the production SQL server database.  This is
apparently part of the API that Microsoft Dynamics AX provides to third
party apps for report generation and data extraction for BI functions, etc.

If this concept sounds familiar to any of you would you please let me know?
Any comments, encouraging, DIScouraging, etc are welcomed.

Even better, can anyone confirm for me that 4D has been successfully
integrated with AX in this way?

Thank you
Dan Ivy
ivyleaf systems